What is the Pelvic Floor?
The pelvic region supports the bladder, intestines and uterus and maintains continence (control) of the bowel and bladder. Pelvic floor and continence disorders can affect women, men and children at any stage, and can often cause great distress and disruption to social, sporting, school and personal life.
How can physiotherapy help?
Physiotherapy treatment by our pelvic floor and continence therapist, our continence therapists can provide you with the right pelvic floor exercise program to restore function and tone to the pelvic floor muscles and improve:
- stress and urgency incontinence
- faecal incontinence
- constipation and difficulty with bowel movement
- overactive bladder
- prostate and pelvic pain related to incontinence.
Pelvic floor issues
- caused by pregnancy and childbirth
- pelvic organ prolapse
- surgery of the prostate
- a hysterectomy or bladder and bowel procedures
- pain during intercourse